Well, I won't keep you in suspense.
I lost 7.8 pounds for my first week on Weight Watchers!!!
I'm so happy I got through the week and I stayed strong. Seeing that loss made all the struggle completely worth it.
A few things have already changed in the last week.
1. My mindset is different. At the beginning of the week, I wasn't sure if I could do this. I struggled with the thought of just giving up and eating what I wanted. Now, I know I can get through this. I know the struggles aren't over and probably will never be over, but I know I can be strong. Waking up in the morning when I didn't overeat is such a fantastic feeling, too.
2. I don't hurt as bad when I exercise. At the beginning of the week when I did my walks on the treadmill, I had to take a break almost every 5 minutes for at least 20-30 seconds because my ankles were hurting so much. By the end of the week, I was walking the full 30 minutes without stopping. Today, I even felt so good that I jogged. I jogged for 1 minute and walked for 2 minutes for a total of 30 minutes. After that, I was tired but I went outside to play soccer with my older son and even did a bit of rollerblading. I felt so great! My movement is definitely increasing.
3. I'm not as hungry. In the beginning of the week, I was constantly hungry. I wanted to eat more the second I finished eating something else. I have been trying to eat fuller meals that will keep me satisfied longer. I also have plenty of foods to snack on when I feel like I need to eat that have a low point value.
4. I'm cooking more. I am happy to be in my kitchen making some yummy food. For a long time, I was not cooking except for putting frozen food in the oven. I didn't care. I had what was easy. I look forward to getting in the kitchen everyday now.
5. I'm not as lazy. Before, I could sit around all day and be content. Now, I am always getting up to do something. My house is so much cleaner and organized. The effect of that is a lot less chaos in my mind. I still have work to do but everyday gets better.
So in one week, so much has already changed. I can't want to keep going and see where this takes me. I want to be healthy and I know I can do this. And if I can do it, so can you!
Until next time,